OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Almost a No Spend Day

Things were going along pretty darn good today.  Work was busy, I had packed my lunch and brought it with me.  Sometimes I pack it and leave it on the table at home.  Is that a Freudian slip?  Did I really want to eat out?  Probably.  We had family over for dinner tonight to celebrate my daughter's birthday.  As she was opening her gifts and reading her cards, I realized that I did not put the intended money in her birthday card.  Great.... another 40.00 our of my Just in Case envelope.  ( I was not upset that I had to give the money, I was ticked that I did not plan for it earlier!)  That leaves 30.00 dollars in that envelope till next Friday.

I really need to plan better for Birthdays and now Christmas which is just around the corner. I imagine it will get better over time, especially since I plan on operating on a cash only basis.   Otherwise, things have gone pretty smoothly the last few days.  Now.... If I can just get myself to the gym.....

3 comments:

Jane said...

Feeling your pain...I didn't put a column in my budget for Christmas and birthdays so am scrambling around now for "extra" money, but not sure where I'm going to find it! Trying to eat less....lol

Lisa said...

I guess we will have to plan better for next year's holidays and Birthdays! Good Luck with the eating less!! That will probably not work for me :) I will have to come up with plan B...

Sharon said...

It's the birthday party invitations for the kids that throw me off. $20 here and $20 there. Christmas is the next hurdle, and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to do it and still reach my goals this year...

ShareThis