OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD 2012

Welcome to Cents To Save! Follow along as we pay down our debt, become mortgage free, and enjoy life. You can read more about this site here and subscribe to get all the latest updates sent to you by email or RSS feed here. Thanks for visiting!

Grocery Shopping: Update



 Tuesday I went to Aldi's and picked up a lot of produce.  We have been eating salads ( Big salads!) almost every night.   Typically I will buy 3-4 bags of the romaine lettuce, red, yellow and green peppers, cukes, tomatoes.etc.  We have a protein with our salad, usually grilled chicken, grilled shrimp or just sliced sandwich meat (ham or turkey).  

 I also always add kidney beans to our salad.    Another thing I will get at Aldi's is coffee creamer.  This time I picked up two bottles.   And a couple of bags of delicious apples for our lunches and after dinner snacks.

I also went to Winn Dixie to get a few things before the ad changed yesterday.  I guess I should have taken a picture of it because now I don't really remember what I bought.

Here are the totals:
 Aldi:             34.00
CVS              10.00

 Winn Dixie:   19.00
  Total           63.00


  $53.00 For Groceries 9/3
  $49.00 For Groceries 9/2

  $10.00  For Groceries 9/5  (CVS Tuna)
  $31.50 for non-perishable/OTC drugs
  $10.40 Church Pantry
  $153.90 TOTAL



My goal is to keep my GROCERY shopping below $600.00 for September as part of my low/no spend challenge.  Only 25 more days left! :)




Subscribe by Email | Subscribe by RSS | Follow on Twitter

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Your salads sound delicious, hearty and healthy.

Lisa said...

We are really enjoying the salads. Filling, and satisfying. And it makes dinner planning a breeze.

ShareThis